The most vexing questions I had as a new mother had nothing to do with parenting. What do I do now that I was laid off after maternity leave? How on earth does my intelligent, enlightened husband not see – and fold – the pile of laundry next to him on the couch? If I’m not “working,” then how is it I don’t even have time for a shower?
In fact, the biggest surprise about motherhood was that nothing about my life as a mother – not my marriage, not the division of labor, not my career, not my identity – was how I thought and hoped it would be.
Until I discovered the problem. Both my husband and I – along with everyone around us – were still operating on invisible, outdated assumptions about mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work that were completely out of sync with the family life we wanted. Once we developed the tools for recognizing and remodeling those assumptions, we began to build the lives – and the marriage – we aspired to.
My book, blog, online tools and group workshops will help you recognize these outdated assumptions cropping up in the everyday craziness of family life and then take simple actions to remodel to get the life you want.
- Read a Sample
- Buy the Book
- Enter your email address in the box on the right and get EXCLUSIVE additional remodeling tools.
- Additional Recommended Reading
- Workshops and Speaking
Sample Blog Posts
- Resume Advice After a Career Break: An Interview with iRelaunch
- Identity Disconnect: Stereotypes about Mothers and Fathers Can Divide Us
- 6 Biggest Money Mistakes Mothers Make
Book Launch Video
“Kristin Maschka is a beacon of light in a sea of darkness about the possibilities for women looking to do “mothering and more” with their lives. She is smart, well educated about the details, and passionate in her quest to bring more knowledge to more women about more options. All women and men looking to juggle the multiple roles of parent, worker, spouse and more should read this book, soon and often — it will change, and improve, their lives!”~ Ed McCaffery, author Taxing Women and Professor of Law, Economics and Political Science at USC Law School.
- Read & RT! An attack on abortion rights & handout to the rich: Repub new plan 4 repealing Obamacare @hiltzikm https://t.co/YotIF4IQ9l about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ "We're taking action to harness grassroots energy, inc hiring staff in 20 GOP-held districts. LEARN MORE: " https://t.co/o6E9vMLmAP about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Uber sexual harassment allegations are a warning for the tech industry and its 'rock star' culture @latimes https://t.co/O6rtZVo4R5 about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @aterkel: It’s not just marches and protests — Local Democratic parties are seeing WAY more involvement https://t.co/9tfy2wDrvb w/ @ryan… about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just made a donation to New Leaders Council https://t.co/djaBSWtfcw about 1 day ago from NationBuilder ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Great opp in March from @InteractionAsc Women in Leadership Training | https://t.co/mb3XMuRcOu about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- In Response to Trump, a Dutch Minister Launches ‘She Decides’, via @nytimes https://t.co/frnSXbpiKV about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.