Both men and women rank sharing household chores as the third most important ingredient in our recipe for a successful marriage, right behind faithfulness and good sex. Yet the latest data tells us that in dual-earner couples, mom is still doing more housework and more childcare than dad does. Surprisingly, when […]
In the New York Times piece “Till Death, or 20 Years, Do Us Part” Matt Richtel explores the meaning of marriage today, including proposals in Mexico City to create short-term renewable marriage contracts as brief as two years as a way to deal with how many marriages fail. Me, I’m not a fan […]
I am so fed up with advice from people telling women that if they just make the right personal choices at the right time in the right order then there is no problem fitting career, marriage, and kids into our lives.
That’s a load of crap. If anyone had been able to figure out a […]
Soon after we had our daughter, I read that elderly women receive far lower Social Security benefits than men due largely to motherhood. Having just become one, I visited the Social Security Administration website. At the top of the page, they reassured me “Social Security is neutral with respect to gender.”
I proceeded to […]
Today I had great fun as a guest on The Intentional Parent TV chatting with Tina Bryson and Greg Matuskiewicz. We talked about why mothers and fathers today still end up in a tug of war over who does what around the house and who’s working harder – and most importantly we […]
I’ve always been a New Year’s Resolutions sort of person, but the process became so much more powerful about ten years ago when my husband and I started making them together. Our New Year’s Resolutions ritual was one of many experiences that helped me realize one of the key points of my book, This […]
- @TaliOsteen @davequast @ussoccer Agreed. Part of prob is @ussoccer handle doesn't have to read USMensSoccer. It's assumed. about 5 days ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to TaliOsteen ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @davequast YUP about 5 days ago from Hootsuite in reply to davequast ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @KatieHill4CA: This is the story about the time I face a difficult choice... OUR VOICE. OUR CHOICE. https://t.co/6eIbitJt5B about 6 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Female lawmakers, staffers and lobbyists speak out on 'pervasive' harassment in California's Capitol @latimes https://t.co/FSh4gB78qz about 6 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MartysaurusRex: @nflcommish really bruh? It's hard trying to play both sides of the fence when it comes down to injustice and your mone… about 1 week ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Schriock1: This choice sends the wrong message. We've reached out to the @womensmarch organizers to share our disappointment and offer… about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Of course it was, this stuff is always an open secret. Weinstein Company Was Aware of Payoffs in 2015 via @NYTimes https://t.co/ujOpdYeiXh about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.