Young women and couples watch as friends have children, and see new mothers and fathers completely stressed out juggling work and family, marriages […]
Why do women themselves say that women “Can’t Have it All?” We say it because, as one mother told me, the phrase resonates as being “Shockingly, earthshakingly true.” We use you “Can’t Have it All” because it reflects a reality, our frustration with the impossible goal of trying to be both June Cleaver […]
I’ve always been a New Year’s Resolutions sort of person, but the process became so much more powerful about ten years ago when my husband and I started making them together. Our New Year’s Resolutions ritual was one of many experiences that helped me realize one of the key points of my book, This […]
It’s never too early to help your kids explore their career interests. And it’s easy.
My 6th grade daughter and I curled up in my bed last night, each with a laptop, and explored what it takes to be an actor on Broadway. She pulled up her favorite clips from this year’s Tony Awards, and […]
In “Creating a Family Vision: Part 1” I described how my husband, daughter and I spent part of our vacation in January creating vision board collages. We each thought about the day of our daughter’s high school graduation and then collected magazine images that reflected our feelings and […]
1. Don’t choose what to do. (Choose what NOT to do – quickly.)
My career has been propelled most by the times I started down a path, realized it was not a good fit, and quickly chose NOT to do it anymore. Even when that decision was painful, risky or counter-intuitive.
Four months […]
- Whatever you do, don’t say yes when this chatbot asks, 'Can you hear me?' @Davidlaz @latimes https://t.co/KOdd2Tn9zG about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Gorsuch, Abortion and the Concept of Personhood, via @nytimes https://t.co/MdOx2eMA7P about 3 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- He's devoted his life to caring for L.A.'s neediest patients, and Trumpcare has him very nervous @LATstevelopez https://t.co/evdfg7Nbkf about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The California-U.S. brawl over auto emissions has begun @hiltzikm @latimes https://t.co/FCZFq73jr2 about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Double bubble trouble: @scalzi on living in two Americas https://t.co/C8eK2zt8BA about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @scalzi Thnx for releasing in time for my spring break reading! The Collapsing Empire https://t.co/oEpqsVs9gF via @amazon about 6 days ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to scalzi ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Why I’m Moving Home, via @nytimes https://t.co/eigjXGBgfk about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.