I ask for your vote as I run for Assembly District Delegate to the California Democratic Party and a member of the Executive Board. On Saturday January 7, registered Democrats from the 41st Assembly District can vote for delegates to represent them in the party. The 41st covers Altadena, Claremont, La Verne, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Dimas, Sierra Madre, South Pasadena, Rancho Cucamonga and Upland. I am honored to be part of a slate of seven women and seven men committed to progressive values and helping a united CA Democratic Party ensure that California continues to prove what is possible when we live by those values.
My priorities are:
- Democrats win elections. Period.
- The California Democratic Party becomes an even stronger united force for our progressive, democratic values that resonates across the country.
- Helping the party engage more people effectively and operate more transparently.
- Making sure a healthy debate around issues and strategies does not become a permanent divide internally that keeps us from executing effectively.
41st Assembly District Delegate Election
- Saturday, January 7. 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Candidates start speaking at 10 am so arrive early if you’d like to hear me and others
- Flintridge Center. 236 West Mountain Ave, Suite 117. Pasadena, CA 91103
- Suggested donation of $5 to cover costs of the meeting.
- Any registered Democrat in the district is eligible to vote. You do not have to stay for the entire meeting.
- Please note that I ask that you submit a ballot for me as a delegate AND there is a second ballot to elect me to the Executive Board.
- RSVP on Facebook
I am an activist, best-selling author, TEDx speaker, and executive coach inspired by my recent experience with Hillary for America to get more involved with the California Democratic Party.
From April 2016 to November 2016 I was the Regional Organizing-Co Leader for the Hillary for America campaign in the Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley area. We ran phone banks for the June primary in California. From July to November we ran eight phone banks a week calling into battleground states. I was the Staging Location Director for four days of Get Out the Vote in battleground states. With volunteers and community donations, we transformed a private home into a campaign office that ran from 6 am to 9 pm every day, could handle 65 volunteers at a time, and supported over 1000 volunteers over four days.
In May I volunteered to support the caucus for Hillary delegates in the 29th District.
After serving for three years on the board of Planned Parenthood Pasadena & San Gabriel Valley, I am now the founding Board Chair of Planned Parenthood Advocates Pasadena & San Gabriel Valley, our new local political action fund. In that role, I also serve on the Board of Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California.
I was the founding Board Chair of the Pasadena Education Network, and in that role for six years. PEN promotes family participation in public education to ensure a quality education for all students in Pasadena, Altadena and Sierra Madre.
I worked on my first political campaign as a senior in high school in southern Minnesota in 1987. I managed the database for placing lawn signs for my English teacher, a Democrat running for state office, who defeated a Republican incumbent by 77 votes and went on to serve in the Minnesota state legislature for twenty years.
I now run my own consulting business providing coaching for executive women and for executive leadership teams in non-profits, higher education institutions and high-tech companies. My TEDx talk is “How I Learned to Love Unconscious Bias,” and I am the author of “This is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling Motherhood to Get the Lives We Want Today.”
I hold two degrees from the University of Chicago, where I am also in the Athletics Hall of Fame for basketball. I have lived in Pasadena for over 20 years with my husband and teenage daughter.
About Our Slate:
I ask that you vote for our entire slate of 7 women and 7 men who will work together on your behalf. You can read their candidate statements here.
Teresa Lamb Simpson
- Sorry, Liberals: There Is No Majority Without Moderates https://t.co/pY9uWBrHPg via @thedailybeast about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Single payer can't happen in CA. At least, not right away @latimes https://t.co/D3TgPIttWY about 3 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Circular Firing Squad Isn’t Amusing Anymore via @thenation https://t.co/GrVFu3ulPt about 2 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Men Who Never Have to Grow Up, via @nytimes https://t.co/yOok9jfclC about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @erskinetimes - another thing that makes LA great https://t.co/JMbAVjMqg8 about 3 days ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply to erskinetimes ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PPact: The ruling is in: Targeting PP as an abortion provider violates Byrd rule. It’s time to stop playing politics with our health ca… about 3 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PPact: We won't allow it. Keep the phones ringing! https://t.co/VhpX5FEvzN https://t.co/1NqhgNvuJh about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.