I couldn’t ask for a better Mother’s Day gift – the invitation to join my voice with so many of my friends and colleagues and speak out loud a line we wrote many years ago as part of the Mothers & More beliefs
“Together Mothers Are Powerful”
Together we have powerful voices that can and should be heard. Voices that offer a powerful, intelligent, authentic and informed alternative to the rhetoric about mothers in the mainstream media.
Happy Mother’s Day! Join us!
THIS SUNDAY, MAY 13, 2012 — Mother’s Day in the United States — women everywhere will simultaneously post this letter to their blogs, websites and Facebook pages, to honor the work of Mothers around the world.
* * * * * * *
Together, Mothers Are Powerful.
Last month’s furor over the remarks of political pundits and candidate’s wives launched a flurry of conversation among mothers.
Mothers have a voice of their own to add to the discussion. Authors, activists and others have been writing and identifying the issues raised this political season for decades, and women have been listening, again and again.
It’s time for mothers’ own voices to be heard.
We are a bi-partisan coalition of women’s organizations, experts, and writers who have diligently worked on bringing mother’s issues into the mainstream political discussion.
Some of us are advocates, and some are community organizations. Many of us are authors and experts about mothers’ lives as well. All of us recognize the value of a mother’s contribution to her family, both the paid and unpaid work that women do.
Our message is simple: all mothers need more support.
This Mother’s Day we want to get the word out about our ideas, our work, and our priorities. We offer the following list to provide resources for real information and places for women to gather for intelligent discourse on the many problems — and solutions — to the issues facing mothers and families.
We offer this list as an alternative to the tired and cliched coverage of mothers in the mainstream media.
Please join your voice with ours this Mother’s Day. Together, Mothers are powerful.
YOU ARE INVITED TO ADD YOUR VOICE. To join our Mother’s Day Blog-In simply,
1. Copy & paste this letter on your blog, Facebook or Google+ page.
2. Add your name and links to your site, work or organization in the comments at https://www.facebook.com/MothersSpeakOut
3. Tweet, share and post the link to your letter using the hashtag #MothersSpeakOut
We also invite all mothers to post a comment or image about their authentic, true reality as a mother — ones that they don’t often see reflected in the mainstream media.
- RT @celindalake: Personal stories are powerful, and @rosadelauro sharing her own experience with caregiving in honor of #FAMILYAct proved j… about 3 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @RosabethKanter: If you want everyone on the same page, put the page in front of them conveniently & often. https://t.co/JxfJ2SyaZG about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Lesson in unintended consequences for CA. How an Abundance of Democratic Candidates Could Help the G.O.P. Hold the… https://t.co/paL6j83CS0 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “A 17-yr-old can consent to her infant’s hearing testing, vaccines ...But cannot consent to a long-acting, reversib… https://t.co/PY4WLgSeM8 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A Flurry of Courts Have Ruled on Election Maps. Here’s What They’ve Said. https://t.co/aB6w61te3V about 4 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One more reason women in office matter. Thank you @SenDuckworthDuckworth: ‘I can’t technically take maternity leave… https://t.co/s6xZOzvsl8 about 4 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TalkPoverty: The President's budget cuts SNAP and replaces part of it with food boxes. They don't include fresh fruit. They might not… about 4 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.