For the next two days, I’ll be representing ConnectEd: The California Center for College and Career at the Learning from Hollywood forum put on by the Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop and held at the USC School of Cinematic Arts. The subtitle of the event is “Can Entertainment Ignite an Education Revolution?” Given the list of speakers, I can’t wait to hear how they’ll answer the question – famous film producers, Cisco, Hasbro, Microsoft, U.S. Department of Education Office of Technology, professors, and more.
Of course, my daughter has given me her own assignment which is to meet Kari Byron from Mythbusters and hand deliver the gushing fan letter she wrote to her tonight!
- The Cooney Center’s Live Blog of the event.
- Search #cooneyforum on Twitter.
- Follow @cooneycenter on Twitter.
- Follow @kristinmaschka on Twitter – I’ll be tweeting my heart out. Or you can follow my tweets on the home page of my blog.
Can’t wait to share what I learn!
- Why Is Silicon Valley So Awful to Women? https://t.co/3C5e6IcoOY about 19 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Go Tim! U.S. Rep. Tim Walz running for governor https://t.co/bxYM9thZOP #MN #2018 about 22 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @united Wow you really don't get what kind of trouble you're in do you? You're completely missing the point about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply to united ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @girlsreallyrule: Rules for dress that disproportionately affect girls and women are outdated and need to be changed immediately, @Unite… about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @united Then it is time to change your "dress code" policy. Shaming young girls abt their clothes is reprehensible! about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply to united ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Whatever you do, don’t say yes when this chatbot asks, 'Can you hear me?' @Davidlaz @latimes https://t.co/KOdd2Tn9zG about 3 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Gorsuch, Abortion and the Concept of Personhood, via @nytimes https://t.co/MdOx2eMA7P about 6 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.