Why do women themselves say that women “Can’t Have it All?” We say it because, as one mother told me, the phrase resonates as being “Shockingly, earthshakingly true.” We use you “Can’t Have it All” because it reflects a reality, our frustration with the impossible goal of trying to be both June Cleaver […]
1. Don’t choose what to do. (Choose what NOT to do – quickly.)
My career has been propelled most by the times I started down a path, realized it was not a good fit, and quickly chose NOT to do it anymore. Even when that decision was painful, risky or counter-intuitive.
Four months […]
Every October, National Work and Family Month gives me flashbacks.
When I became pregnant, I was a manager at a high-tech company. My job was at least fifty hours a week and, given a recent merger, would now include coast-to-coast travel. With my husband working crazy hours as a new associate at a law […]
Last week reading a few new articles on worklife fit, brought to mind a mantra I have about organizational change.
In the battle between well-intentioned policies and the unwritten rules of any workplace, unwritten rules win every time.
From the Sloan Center on Aging and Work came this Fact of the Week, Few Employers […]
Love Margaret Heffernan, and rarely have seen so much truth about organizations packed in so few words.
Published originally on BNet.com by Margaret Heffernan.
- What about the sexual harassment stories we're not hearing? @latimes https://t.co/10MEjHCjBF about 4 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check out my NEW book "This Is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling #Motherhood" on #BookBuzzr #moms… https://t.co/H9q1DVNbkH about 4 days ago from BookBuzzr ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How the ‘Resistance’ Helped Democrats Dominate Virginia via @NYTimes https://t.co/l1Z9NK52y3 about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- California Today: Tax Proposals Threaten Lower-Income Housing via @NYTimes https://t.co/EobyGgGDrL about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Roy Moore's alleged pursuit of a young girl is the symptom of a larger problem in evangelical circles @latimes https://t.co/RjAXoyvzSN about 6 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Yes please!! https://t.co/gxGglvpasb about 1 week ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Trump now aiming to reverse an Obama-era rule on restaurant tips @latimes @Davidlaz https://t.co/vj86CR40Uv about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.