In the New York Times piece “Till Death, or 20 Years, Do Us Part” Matt Richtel explores the meaning of marriage today, including proposals in Mexico City to create short-term renewable marriage contracts as brief as two years as a way to deal with how many marriages fail. Me, I’m not a fan […]
I am so fed up with advice from people telling women that if they just make the right personal choices at the right time in the right order then there is no problem fitting career, marriage, and kids into our lives.
That’s a load of crap. If anyone had been able to figure out a […]
What’s stunning about the reaction to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All” and the news that new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is pregnant is the size and scope of the reaction itself.
And I can explain that reaction with a screen shot.
Those two tweets.
Young women and couples watch as friends have children, and see new mothers and fathers completely stressed out juggling work and family, marriages […]
Why do women themselves say that women “Can’t Have it All?” We say it because, as one mother told me, the phrase resonates as being “Shockingly, earthshakingly true.” We use you “Can’t Have it All” because it reflects a reality, our frustration with the impossible goal of trying to be both June Cleaver […]
Soon after we had our daughter, I read that elderly women receive far lower Social Security benefits than men due largely to motherhood. Having just become one, I visited the Social Security Administration website. At the top of the page, they reassured me “Social Security is neutral with respect to gender.”
I proceeded to […]
- still a ways to go to respect caregiving as valuable apart from gender roles https://t.co/4xpEH3O8jG about 8 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Women across globe will suffer and die "Trump Thinks This Is Pro-Life?" @nytimes https://t.co/qIvXwwINgo about 8 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- News flash to @nytimes @rweingarten @SenSanders @TomPerez Reproductive rights are not "identity politics" https://t.co/D9jTpKEHRQ about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PPact: We #MarchForScience because lawmakers must protect access to evidence-based sex health programs. https://t.co/M7oUf8jjTH about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CecileRichards: .@TomPerez Access to #reprohealth has been an enormous driver of women's economic empowerment. We must fight for it. about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Bernie, There Will Be No Revolution Without Reproductive Rights @Rewire_News https://t.co/uZSziMQdpR about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We won't stop fighting for patients & health centers. Add your name to fight with us! https://t.co/4oeJ87Pwod #StandwithPP #CA about 2 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.