In the New York Times piece “Till Death, or 20 Years, Do Us Part” Matt Richtel explores the meaning of marriage today, including proposals in Mexico City to create short-term renewable marriage contracts as brief as two years as a way to deal with how many marriages fail. Me, I’m not a fan […]
I am so fed up with advice from people telling women that if they just make the right personal choices at the right time in the right order then there is no problem fitting career, marriage, and kids into our lives.
That’s a load of crap. If anyone had been able to figure out a […]
What’s stunning about the reaction to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All” and the news that new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is pregnant is the size and scope of the reaction itself.
And I can explain that reaction with a screen shot.
Those two tweets.
Young women and couples watch as friends have children, and see new mothers and fathers completely stressed out juggling work and family, marriages […]
Why do women themselves say that women “Can’t Have it All?” We say it because, as one mother told me, the phrase resonates as being “Shockingly, earthshakingly true.” We use you “Can’t Have it All” because it reflects a reality, our frustration with the impossible goal of trying to be both June Cleaver […]
Soon after we had our daughter, I read that elderly women receive far lower Social Security benefits than men due largely to motherhood. Having just become one, I visited the Social Security Administration website. At the top of the page, they reassured me “Social Security is neutral with respect to gender.”
I proceeded to […]
- Had a great conversation with the folks in @DFLCD2 while I was in #MN. Going to be a 2018 hotspot, give now so they can gear up! about 5 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JerryMaschka: Serena Williams shuts down John McEnroe in two perfect tweets https://t.co/PKajarPEvX via @YahooSports about 8 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @JerryMaschka I know, disappointing right? about 8 hours ago from Hootsuite in reply to JerryMaschka ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @latimes @Rendon63rd have it rt > If there's a smart path to single payer healthcare in CA we haven't found it yet https://t.co/QNslxg02u1 about 8 hours ago from Hootsuite in reply to latimes ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hollywood's gender problem is really a mom problem @latimes https://t.co/6LYNlpqtKK about 8 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- You shouldn't have to give up your right to sue to get a job @latimes https://t.co/X2fZPYLrbu about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @kylegriffin1: Susan Collins: "It makes absolutely no sense to eliminate federal funding for Planned Parenthood." https://t.co/0QkZvJnUo6 about 2 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.