Today I had great fun as a guest on The Intentional Parent TV chatting with Tina Bryson and Greg Matuskiewicz. We talked about why mothers and fathers today still end up in a tug of war over who does what around the house and who’s working harder – and most importantly we […]
Today’s mothers and fathers have an uphill battle. Here we are struggling to share parenting and employment in a world that still expects us to be in traditional family roles, and a government institution comes along to tell us that when dad takes care of the kids it’s “babysitting”, but when mothers do it, […]
In my life before motherhood, I led time management training sessions for employees of a big company. I indoctrinated everyone in the Franklin-Covey system for managing time. Before the age of iPhones, I kept my own binder-size day-planner and later a Palm Pilot at my side to manage my own time. But they were no […]
I’ve always been a New Year’s Resolutions sort of person, but the process became so much more powerful about ten years ago when my husband and I started making them together. Our New Year’s Resolutions ritual was one of many experiences that helped me realize one of the key points of my book, This […]
Our family makes its way through an annual New Year’s resolution process that serves us pretty well.
2010 was different.
Our family is dealing with a lot of transition: our daughter transitioning to middle school; […]
1. Don’t choose what to do. (Choose what NOT to do – quickly.)
My career has been propelled most by the times I started down a path, realized it was not a good fit, and quickly chose NOT to do it anymore. Even when that decision was painful, risky or counter-intuitive.
Four months […]
- Whatever you do, don’t say yes when this chatbot asks, 'Can you hear me?' @Davidlaz @latimes https://t.co/KOdd2Tn9zG about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Gorsuch, Abortion and the Concept of Personhood, via @nytimes https://t.co/MdOx2eMA7P about 3 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- He's devoted his life to caring for L.A.'s neediest patients, and Trumpcare has him very nervous @LATstevelopez https://t.co/evdfg7Nbkf about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The California-U.S. brawl over auto emissions has begun @hiltzikm @latimes https://t.co/FCZFq73jr2 about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Double bubble trouble: @scalzi on living in two Americas https://t.co/C8eK2zt8BA about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @scalzi Thnx for releasing in time for my spring break reading! The Collapsing Empire https://t.co/oEpqsVs9gF via @amazon about 6 days ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to scalzi ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Why I’m Moving Home, via @nytimes https://t.co/eigjXGBgfk about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.