Both men and women rank sharing household chores as the third most important ingredient in our recipe for a successful marriage, right behind faithfulness and good sex. Yet the latest data tells us that in dual-earner couples, mom is still doing more housework and more childcare than dad does. Surprisingly, when […]
I refused to be one of those people who criticized – or even commented too much – on Sheryl Sandberg’s new book, Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead, until I’d read it. Since my week included client crises, a non-profit board meeting, tap and drum lessons and oh yes, […]
I am so fed up with advice from people telling women that if they just make the right personal choices at the right time in the right order then there is no problem fitting career, marriage, and kids into our lives.
That’s a load of crap. If anyone had been able to figure out a […]
I’m a sucker for the stories behind the Olympic athletes, long years of hard work, overcoming heartbreaking setbacks, financial sacrifice, finally reaching the medal stand. Doesn’t take much to choke me up. So all of the videos and commercials in the Proctor & Gamble Olympic ad campaign, “Thank You Mom” pretty much reduce […]
What’s stunning about the reaction to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All” and the news that new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is pregnant is the size and scope of the reaction itself.
And I can explain that reaction with a screen shot.
Those two tweets.
Why do women themselves say that women “Can’t Have it All?” We say it because, as one mother told me, the phrase resonates as being “Shockingly, earthshakingly true.” We use you “Can’t Have it All” because it reflects a reality, our frustration with the impossible goal of trying to be both June Cleaver […]
- @TaliOsteen @davequast @ussoccer Agreed. Part of prob is @ussoccer handle doesn't have to read USMensSoccer. It's assumed. about 5 days ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to TaliOsteen ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @davequast YUP about 5 days ago from Hootsuite in reply to davequast ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @KatieHill4CA: This is the story about the time I face a difficult choice... OUR VOICE. OUR CHOICE. https://t.co/6eIbitJt5B about 6 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Female lawmakers, staffers and lobbyists speak out on 'pervasive' harassment in California's Capitol @latimes https://t.co/FSh4gB78qz about 6 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MartysaurusRex: @nflcommish really bruh? It's hard trying to play both sides of the fence when it comes down to injustice and your mone… about 1 week ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Schriock1: This choice sends the wrong message. We've reached out to the @womensmarch organizers to share our disappointment and offer… about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Of course it was, this stuff is always an open secret. Weinstein Company Was Aware of Payoffs in 2015 via @NYTimes https://t.co/ujOpdYeiXh about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.