I refused to be one of those people who criticized – or even commented too much – on Sheryl Sandberg’s new book, Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead, until I’d read it. Since my week included client crises, a non-profit board meeting, tap and drum lessons and oh yes, […]
Then we started watching Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution on TV when they were filming in Los Angeles. Jamie is a British chef who’s on a crusade to save America’s health by changing the way people eat. In the process he provides […]
In the summer of 1997, a few years before our daughter was born, my husband David and I went with some friends to the game that launched the Women’s National Basketball Association. The Los Angeles Sparks were playing the New York Liberty at the Great Western Forum, the arena where the legendary Lakers played. […]
It’s never too early to help your kids explore their career interests. And it’s easy.
My 6th grade daughter and I curled up in my bed last night, each with a laptop, and explored what it takes to be an actor on Broadway. She pulled up her favorite clips from this year’s Tony Awards, and […]
In “Creating a Family Vision: Part 1” I described how my husband, daughter and I spent part of our vacation in January creating vision board collages. We each thought about the day of our daughter’s high school graduation and then collected magazine images that reflected our feelings and […]
Our family makes its way through an annual New Year’s resolution process that serves us pretty well.
2010 was different.
Our family is dealing with a lot of transition: our daughter transitioning to middle school; […]
- Once a Maroon always a Maroon! https://t.co/4RaBwspsMd about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I feel both honored...and old! https://t.co/frvtbfbiIt about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @bethbwoods @ChicagoMaroons @UChicagoWBB @UChicagoAlumni Thanks hon, just figured it out myself. My husband told me… https://t.co/nXRiL7Jis9 about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to bethbwoods ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check out my NEW book "This Is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling #Motherhood" on #BookBuzzr #moms… https://t.co/ZHlq0UCqwV about 1 day ago from BookBuzzr ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We are allowing ourselves to be distracted from the real issue - racism - if we allow everyone to debate whether he… https://t.co/zNSdgQKny8 about 2 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check out my NEW book "This Is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling #Motherhood" on #BookBuzzr #moms… https://t.co/blDNEmDCmG about 1 week ago from BookBuzzr ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Sexual harassment helps explain why women get paid less - LA Times https://t.co/MNEjNdsXm6 @latimes about 1 week ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.