What’s stunning about the reaction to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All” and the news that new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is pregnant is the size and scope of the reaction itself.
And I can explain that reaction with a screen shot.
Those two tweets.
Soon after we had our daughter, I read that elderly women receive far lower Social Security benefits than men due largely to motherhood. Having just become one, I visited the Social Security Administration website. At the top of the page, they reassured me “Social Security is neutral with respect to gender.”
I proceeded to […]
March is women’s history month and I wanted to share a few tidbits of women’s history that are even less commonly known than most, and history that is still impacting the lives of women and mothers today.
Did you know that…
When the Social Security act was adopted in the late 1930’s, the Council […]
Today’s mothers and fathers have an uphill battle. Here we are struggling to share parenting and employment in a world that still expects us to be in traditional family roles, and a government institution comes along to tell us that when dad takes care of the kids it’s “babysitting”, but when mothers do it, […]
When my husband and I read The Wizard of Oz to our daughter several years ago, we discovered that L. Frank Baum wrote a sequel, The Marvelous Land of Oz, in 1904 and it was included in the old book we were using so we read that to her too.
My husband ended up being […]
I’m frustrated by Equal Pay Day.
Yes, I think it’s important to point out the wage gap between men and women still exists, and that a significant chunk of it is unexplained – likely sex discrimination.
Yes, I think using a day in April to symbolize how far into 2010 a woman has to work […]
- still a ways to go to respect caregiving as valuable apart from gender roles https://t.co/4xpEH3O8jG about 7 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Women across globe will suffer and die "Trump Thinks This Is Pro-Life?" @nytimes https://t.co/qIvXwwINgo about 8 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- News flash to @nytimes @rweingarten @SenSanders @TomPerez Reproductive rights are not "identity politics" https://t.co/D9jTpKEHRQ about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PPact: We #MarchForScience because lawmakers must protect access to evidence-based sex health programs. https://t.co/M7oUf8jjTH about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CecileRichards: .@TomPerez Access to #reprohealth has been an enormous driver of women's economic empowerment. We must fight for it. about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Bernie, There Will Be No Revolution Without Reproductive Rights @Rewire_News https://t.co/uZSziMQdpR about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We won't stop fighting for patients & health centers. Add your name to fight with us! https://t.co/4oeJ87Pwod #StandwithPP #CA about 2 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.