What’s stunning about the reaction to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All” and the news that new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is pregnant is the size and scope of the reaction itself.
And I can explain that reaction with a screen shot.
Those two tweets.
Soon after we had our daughter, I read that elderly women receive far lower Social Security benefits than men due largely to motherhood. Having just become one, I visited the Social Security Administration website. At the top of the page, they reassured me “Social Security is neutral with respect to gender.”
I proceeded to […]
March is women’s history month and I wanted to share a few tidbits of women’s history that are even less commonly known than most, and history that is still impacting the lives of women and mothers today.
Did you know that…
When the Social Security act was adopted in the late 1930’s, the Council […]
Today’s mothers and fathers have an uphill battle. Here we are struggling to share parenting and employment in a world that still expects us to be in traditional family roles, and a government institution comes along to tell us that when dad takes care of the kids it’s “babysitting”, but when mothers do it, […]
When my husband and I read The Wizard of Oz to our daughter several years ago, we discovered that L. Frank Baum wrote a sequel, The Marvelous Land of Oz, in 1904 and it was included in the old book we were using so we read that to her too.
My husband ended up being […]
I’m frustrated by Equal Pay Day.
Yes, I think it’s important to point out the wage gap between men and women still exists, and that a significant chunk of it is unexplained – likely sex discrimination.
Yes, I think using a day in April to symbolize how far into 2010 a woman has to work […]
- Teaching Teenagers to Cope With Social Stress, via @nytimes https://t.co/XuOQon8ntT about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We saw evil in Charlottesville. How a neuroscience trick could help us destroy it @latimes https://t.co/29xroFDgQF about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Other Inconvenient Truth, via @nytimes https://t.co/DOJIb2NMPB about 3 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Maddeningly Simple Way Tech Companies Can Employ More Women https://t.co/SjMMsYhAKN about 5 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- With @Tim_Walz running 4 Gov, contrib to eventual Dem candidate 4 Congress in MN-01 my hometown via @swinglefthttp://ht.ly/v2tM30eps0u about 6 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Motherhood Isn’t Sacrifice, It’s Selfishness, via @nytimes https://t.co/XXglNxxyUD about 6 days ago from iOS ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Forget abt single-payer healthcare. This CA congressman has the real solution: Medicare for all @latimes https://t.co/dysdlwBBxn about 6 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.