What’s stunning about the reaction to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All” and the news that new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is pregnant is the size and scope of the reaction itself.
And I can explain that reaction with a screen shot.
Those two tweets.
Soon after we had our daughter, I read that elderly women receive far lower Social Security benefits than men due largely to motherhood. Having just become one, I visited the Social Security Administration website. At the top of the page, they reassured me “Social Security is neutral with respect to gender.”
I proceeded to […]
March is women’s history month and I wanted to share a few tidbits of women’s history that are even less commonly known than most, and history that is still impacting the lives of women and mothers today.
Did you know that…
When the Social Security act was adopted in the late 1930’s, the Council […]
Today’s mothers and fathers have an uphill battle. Here we are struggling to share parenting and employment in a world that still expects us to be in traditional family roles, and a government institution comes along to tell us that when dad takes care of the kids it’s “babysitting”, but when mothers do it, […]
When my husband and I read The Wizard of Oz to our daughter several years ago, we discovered that L. Frank Baum wrote a sequel, The Marvelous Land of Oz, in 1904 and it was included in the old book we were using so we read that to her too.
My husband ended up being […]
I’m frustrated by Equal Pay Day.
Yes, I think it’s important to point out the wage gap between men and women still exists, and that a significant chunk of it is unexplained – likely sex discrimination.
Yes, I think using a day in April to symbolize how far into 2010 a woman has to work […]
- RT @PPActionCA: We just announced 5 more endorsements for statewide candidates in the 2018 Primary Election. Find out who: https://t.co/D08… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No question yes. A party is an organization trying to achieve results. Rule by committee is a recipe for chaos & lo… https://t.co/Lt9ZvCBbN4 about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @kdittmar: “This is also a moment to dispel the myth of who is a harasser,” she said. “It’s not limited to ‘monsters.’ It’s people we ot… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @emilynussbaum: "Sexual assault is one symptom of that imbalance, but it is not the only one." Another crucial, complex, searching analy… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @rtraister: Logged on, saw this, realized I'd been waiting for it on some level. Piece I published today is about how men's unequal shar… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Tim_Walz: One hundred plus people at Dan and Angie Bastian’s home tonight. Caucuses are in 58 days. We’ll make every one of ‘em count.… about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- from @nytopinion Why I Can No Longer Call Myself an Evangelical Republican https://t.co/6FFe6vAsXy about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.