What’s stunning about the reaction to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All” and the news that new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is pregnant is the size and scope of the reaction itself.
And I can explain that reaction with a screen shot.
Those two tweets.
Soon after we had our daughter, I read that elderly women receive far lower Social Security benefits than men due largely to motherhood. Having just become one, I visited the Social Security Administration website. At the top of the page, they reassured me “Social Security is neutral with respect to gender.”
I proceeded to […]
March is women’s history month and I wanted to share a few tidbits of women’s history that are even less commonly known than most, and history that is still impacting the lives of women and mothers today.
Did you know that…
When the Social Security act was adopted in the late 1930’s, the Council […]
Today’s mothers and fathers have an uphill battle. Here we are struggling to share parenting and employment in a world that still expects us to be in traditional family roles, and a government institution comes along to tell us that when dad takes care of the kids it’s “babysitting”, but when mothers do it, […]
When my husband and I read The Wizard of Oz to our daughter several years ago, we discovered that L. Frank Baum wrote a sequel, The Marvelous Land of Oz, in 1904 and it was included in the old book we were using so we read that to her too.
My husband ended up being […]
I’m frustrated by Equal Pay Day.
Yes, I think it’s important to point out the wage gap between men and women still exists, and that a significant chunk of it is unexplained – likely sex discrimination.
Yes, I think using a day in April to symbolize how far into 2010 a woman has to work […]
- Had a great conversation with the folks in @DFLCD2 while I was in #MN. Going to be a 2018 hotspot, give now so they can gear up! about 5 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JerryMaschka: Serena Williams shuts down John McEnroe in two perfect tweets https://t.co/PKajarPEvX via @YahooSports about 8 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @JerryMaschka I know, disappointing right? about 8 hours ago from Hootsuite in reply to JerryMaschka ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @latimes @Rendon63rd have it rt > If there's a smart path to single payer healthcare in CA we haven't found it yet https://t.co/QNslxg02u1 about 8 hours ago from Hootsuite in reply to latimes ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hollywood's gender problem is really a mom problem @latimes https://t.co/6LYNlpqtKK about 8 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- You shouldn't have to give up your right to sue to get a job @latimes https://t.co/X2fZPYLrbu about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @kylegriffin1: Susan Collins: "It makes absolutely no sense to eliminate federal funding for Planned Parenthood." https://t.co/0QkZvJnUo6 about 2 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.