TEDxPasadenaWomen on May 30, 2015. One of 250 independently organized TEDx Women events happening across the globe in connection with the main TEDWomen event in Monterey CA the same week. 14 speakers, 3 special guests, 100 in the audience. What a […]
In the New York Times piece “Till Death, or 20 Years, Do Us Part” Matt Richtel explores the meaning of marriage today, including proposals in Mexico City to create short-term renewable marriage contracts as brief as two years as a way to deal with how many marriages fail. Me, I’m not a fan […]
Young women and couples watch as friends have children, and see new mothers and fathers completely stressed out juggling work and family, marriages […]
Today I had great fun as a guest on The Intentional Parent TV chatting with Tina Bryson and Greg Matuskiewicz. We talked about why mothers and fathers today still end up in a tug of war over who does what around the house and who’s working harder – and most importantly we […]
Every October, National Work and Family Month gives me flashbacks.
When I became pregnant, I was a manager at a high-tech company. My job was at least fifty hours a week and, given a recent merger, would now include coast-to-coast travel. With my husband working crazy hours as a new associate at a law […]
Recently, one of my clients said to me in frustration, “My team and I are so busy with our work that it drives me crazy to have to deal with all these internal political issues that waste my time.”
I’ve heard many forms of this familiar chorus, usually accompanied by anger, frustration or […]
- RT @celindalake: Personal stories are powerful, and @rosadelauro sharing her own experience with caregiving in honor of #FAMILYAct proved j… about 3 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @RosabethKanter: If you want everyone on the same page, put the page in front of them conveniently & often. https://t.co/JxfJ2SyaZG about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Lesson in unintended consequences for CA. How an Abundance of Democratic Candidates Could Help the G.O.P. Hold the… https://t.co/paL6j83CS0 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “A 17-yr-old can consent to her infant’s hearing testing, vaccines ...But cannot consent to a long-acting, reversib… https://t.co/PY4WLgSeM8 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A Flurry of Courts Have Ruled on Election Maps. Here’s What They’ve Said. https://t.co/aB6w61te3V about 4 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One more reason women in office matter. Thank you @SenDuckworthDuckworth: ‘I can’t technically take maternity leave… https://t.co/s6xZOzvsl8 about 4 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TalkPoverty: The President's budget cuts SNAP and replaces part of it with food boxes. They don't include fresh fruit. They might not… about 4 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.