KRISTIN MASCHKA is a gifted and experienced facilitator comfortable with audiences of all sizes and types. When you book her to speak, you can expect a customized experience for your audience that draws them in, gets them talking, challenges their thinking, and equips them with concrete actions they can take after they walk out the door.
To inquire about availability and fees leave a reply below. Read what people are saying about Kristin’s speaking engagements. Download a complete overview in pdf > Maschka.Speakers.Overview.2012.
Step Back to Lead Forward
As the pace of change accelerates around us every day, we are all tempted to try to keep up by simply doing more and doing it faster. The most critical leadership skill today is the ability to do the opposite – to know how and when to step back and take the balcony view so we can lead forward effectively at work, at home and in our communities.
Kristin Maschka will demonstrate the power of the balcony view, illustrate practical strategies for getting up on the balcony when you need it most, and make sure that before you leave you have identified a specific action you will take to step back in order to lead forward.
This is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling Motherhood to Get the Lives We Want Today
Question: What’s behind the “mommy wars,” the “chore wars,” the war about “having it all,” and the everyday craziness of family life today?
Answer: Invisible, outdated assumptions about mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work that are completely out of sync with today’s families.
Kristin Maschka weaves together her own story and a deep knowledge of history and society to reveal the broad impact these subconscious assumptions and stereotypes have on our personal lives, our public policies and our workplaces. You’ll walk away with clarity as to what those outdated assumptions are, the new beliefs to replace them, and the simple tools you can use to take action and remodel motherhood.
Note: This topic can also be customized for an audience of both mothers and fathers or for community and advocacy organizations interested in issues that impact women and families. It can also be customized to emphasize particular topics in the book depending on the audience.
- Read & RT! An attack on abortion rights & handout to the rich: Repub new plan 4 repealing Obamacare @hiltzikm https://t.co/YotIF4IQ9l about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ "We're taking action to harness grassroots energy, inc hiring staff in 20 GOP-held districts. LEARN MORE: " https://t.co/o6E9vMLmAP about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Uber sexual harassment allegations are a warning for the tech industry and its 'rock star' culture @latimes https://t.co/O6rtZVo4R5 about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @aterkel: It’s not just marches and protests — Local Democratic parties are seeing WAY more involvement https://t.co/9tfy2wDrvb w/ @ryan… about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just made a donation to New Leaders Council https://t.co/djaBSWtfcw about 1 day ago from NationBuilder ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Great opp in March from @InteractionAsc Women in Leadership Training | https://t.co/mb3XMuRcOu about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- In Response to Trump, a Dutch Minister Launches ‘She Decides’, via @nytimes https://t.co/frnSXbpiKV about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.