Women’s Progress Stalled
“Women’s labor-force participation in the United States also leveled off in the second half of the 1990s, in contrast to its continued increase in most other countries. …. […]
Ready to join the team?
Let go of being right and notice your own unconscious bias. One humbling way is to take the 15-minute Implicit Association Test from Harvard. Notice unconscious bias out loud. Notice it out loud in person, share it with us on Twitter and Facebook. Change the […]
TEDxPasadenaWomen on May 30, 2015. One of 250 independently organized TEDx Women events happening across the globe in connection with the main TEDWomen event in Monterey CA the same week. 14 speakers, 3 special guests, 100 in the audience. What a […]
On February 24, I spent the day in Silicon Valley at the Watermark LeadOn Conference for Women (#LeadOnCA) along with 5000+ women listening to speakers like Hillary Clinton, Brené Brown and Diane Von Furstenburg. Gloria Feldt led a panel discussion on women and pay equity. Gloria is co-founder and president of […]
In the summer of 1997, a few years before our daughter was born, my husband David and I went with some friends to the game that launched the Women’s National Basketball Association. The Los Angeles Sparks were playing the New York Liberty at the Great Western Forum, the arena where the legendary Lakers played. […]
I’m a sucker for the stories behind the Olympic athletes, long years of hard work, overcoming heartbreaking setbacks, financial sacrifice, finally reaching the medal stand. Doesn’t take much to choke me up. So all of the videos and commercials in the Proctor & Gamble Olympic ad campaign, “Thank You Mom” pretty much reduce […]
- Whatever you do, don’t say yes when this chatbot asks, 'Can you hear me?' @Davidlaz @latimes https://t.co/KOdd2Tn9zG about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Gorsuch, Abortion and the Concept of Personhood, via @nytimes https://t.co/MdOx2eMA7P about 3 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- He's devoted his life to caring for L.A.'s neediest patients, and Trumpcare has him very nervous @LATstevelopez https://t.co/evdfg7Nbkf about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The California-U.S. brawl over auto emissions has begun @hiltzikm @latimes https://t.co/FCZFq73jr2 about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Double bubble trouble: @scalzi on living in two Americas https://t.co/C8eK2zt8BA about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @scalzi Thnx for releasing in time for my spring break reading! The Collapsing Empire https://t.co/oEpqsVs9gF via @amazon about 6 days ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to scalzi ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Why I’m Moving Home, via @nytimes https://t.co/eigjXGBgfk about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.