In the New York Times piece “Till Death, or 20 Years, Do Us Part” Matt Richtel explores the meaning of marriage today, including proposals in Mexico City to create short-term renewable marriage contracts as brief as two years as a way to deal with how many marriages fail. Me, I’m not a fan […]
I’m a sucker for the stories behind the Olympic athletes, long years of hard work, overcoming heartbreaking setbacks, financial sacrifice, finally reaching the medal stand. Doesn’t take much to choke me up. So all of the videos and commercials in the Proctor & Gamble Olympic ad campaign, “Thank You Mom” pretty much reduce […]
What’s stunning about the reaction to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All” and the news that new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is pregnant is the size and scope of the reaction itself.
And I can explain that reaction with a screen shot.
Those two tweets.
My Gen X peers and I come by our skeptical – okay our cynical – world view honestly.
My childhood was bookended by 1979’s energy crisis and the Three Mile Island disaster on one end and 1987’s Black Monday stock market crash on the other. While Boomers experienced the triumph of a man […]
Soon after we had our daughter, I read that elderly women receive far lower Social Security benefits than men due largely to motherhood. Having just become one, I visited the Social Security Administration website. At the top of the page, they reassured me “Social Security is neutral with respect to gender.”
I proceeded to […]
I couldn’t ask for a better Mother’s Day gift – the invitation to join my voice with so many of my friends and colleagues and speak out loud a line we wrote many years ago as part of the Mothers & More beliefs
“Together Mothers Are Powerful”
Together we have powerful voices […]
- #MeToo doesn’t lack nuance. Its critics do - @latimes https://t.co/edBHXoFcvf about 9 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Aziz, We Tried to Warn You https://t.co/5hq3KQTbKD about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Once a Maroon always a Maroon! https://t.co/4RaBwspsMd about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I feel both honored...and old! https://t.co/frvtbfbiIt about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @bethbwoods @ChicagoMaroons @UChicagoWBB @UChicagoAlumni Thanks hon, just figured it out myself. My husband told me… https://t.co/nXRiL7Jis9 about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to bethbwoods ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check out my NEW book "This Is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling #Motherhood" on #BookBuzzr #moms… https://t.co/ZHlq0UCqwV about 2 days ago from BookBuzzr ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We are allowing ourselves to be distracted from the real issue - racism - if we allow everyone to debate whether he… https://t.co/zNSdgQKny8 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.