In the New York Times piece “Till Death, or 20 Years, Do Us Part” Matt Richtel explores the meaning of marriage today, including proposals in Mexico City to create short-term renewable marriage contracts as brief as two years as a way to deal with how many marriages fail. Me, I’m not a fan […]
I’m a sucker for the stories behind the Olympic athletes, long years of hard work, overcoming heartbreaking setbacks, financial sacrifice, finally reaching the medal stand. Doesn’t take much to choke me up. So all of the videos and commercials in the Proctor & Gamble Olympic ad campaign, “Thank You Mom” pretty much reduce […]
What’s stunning about the reaction to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All” and the news that new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is pregnant is the size and scope of the reaction itself.
And I can explain that reaction with a screen shot.
Those two tweets.
My Gen X peers and I come by our skeptical – okay our cynical – world view honestly.
My childhood was bookended by 1979’s energy crisis and the Three Mile Island disaster on one end and 1987’s Black Monday stock market crash on the other. While Boomers experienced the triumph of a man […]
Soon after we had our daughter, I read that elderly women receive far lower Social Security benefits than men due largely to motherhood. Having just become one, I visited the Social Security Administration website. At the top of the page, they reassured me “Social Security is neutral with respect to gender.”
I proceeded to […]
I couldn’t ask for a better Mother’s Day gift – the invitation to join my voice with so many of my friends and colleagues and speak out loud a line we wrote many years ago as part of the Mothers & More beliefs
“Together Mothers Are Powerful”
Together we have powerful voices […]
- The Maddeningly Simple Way Tech Companies Can Employ More Women https://t.co/SjMMsYhAKN about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- With @Tim_Walz running 4 Gov, contrib to eventual Dem candidate 4 Congress in MN-01 my hometown via @swinglefthttp://ht.ly/v2tM30eps0u about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Motherhood Isn’t Sacrifice, It’s Selfishness, via @nytimes https://t.co/XXglNxxyUD about 1 day ago from iOS ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Forget abt single-payer healthcare. This CA congressman has the real solution: Medicare for all @latimes https://t.co/dysdlwBBxn about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Grt piece by @davidulin ... What makes us Californians for life @latimes https://t.co/EDWrwsDTSP about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thanks Gina! https://t.co/wNJFTkLXPo about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Davidlaz: On people's right to sue, Trump's hypocrisy matches that of businesses https://t.co/v3jHKv37ms about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.