In the New York Times piece “Till Death, or 20 Years, Do Us Part” Matt Richtel explores the meaning of marriage today, including proposals in Mexico City to create short-term renewable marriage contracts as brief as two years as a way to deal with how many marriages fail. Me, I’m not a fan […]
I’m a sucker for the stories behind the Olympic athletes, long years of hard work, overcoming heartbreaking setbacks, financial sacrifice, finally reaching the medal stand. Doesn’t take much to choke me up. So all of the videos and commercials in the Proctor & Gamble Olympic ad campaign, “Thank You Mom” pretty much reduce […]
What’s stunning about the reaction to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All” and the news that new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is pregnant is the size and scope of the reaction itself.
And I can explain that reaction with a screen shot.
Those two tweets.
My Gen X peers and I come by our skeptical – okay our cynical – world view honestly.
My childhood was bookended by 1979’s energy crisis and the Three Mile Island disaster on one end and 1987’s Black Monday stock market crash on the other. While Boomers experienced the triumph of a man […]
Soon after we had our daughter, I read that elderly women receive far lower Social Security benefits than men due largely to motherhood. Having just become one, I visited the Social Security Administration website. At the top of the page, they reassured me “Social Security is neutral with respect to gender.”
I proceeded to […]
I couldn’t ask for a better Mother’s Day gift – the invitation to join my voice with so many of my friends and colleagues and speak out loud a line we wrote many years ago as part of the Mothers & More beliefs
“Together Mothers Are Powerful”
Together we have powerful voices […]
- Why Is Silicon Valley So Awful to Women? https://t.co/3C5e6IcoOY about 19 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Go Tim! U.S. Rep. Tim Walz running for governor https://t.co/bxYM9thZOP #MN #2018 about 22 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @united Wow you really don't get what kind of trouble you're in do you? You're completely missing the point about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply to united ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @girlsreallyrule: Rules for dress that disproportionately affect girls and women are outdated and need to be changed immediately, @Unite… about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @united Then it is time to change your "dress code" policy. Shaming young girls abt their clothes is reprehensible! about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply to united ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Whatever you do, don’t say yes when this chatbot asks, 'Can you hear me?' @Davidlaz @latimes https://t.co/KOdd2Tn9zG about 3 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Gorsuch, Abortion and the Concept of Personhood, via @nytimes https://t.co/MdOx2eMA7P about 6 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.