I grew up in a small town in Minnesota in the 1970’s, the oldest of three girls. My father was an athlete in college, so I played ball from the time I could walk. Although Title IX passed in 1972 when I was four years old, it didn’t matter much to me at first […]
It’s never too early to help your kids explore their career interests. And it’s easy.
My 6th grade daughter and I curled up in my bed last night, each with a laptop, and explored what it takes to be an actor on Broadway. She pulled up her favorite clips from this year’s Tony Awards, and […]
The past 10 days I’ve read so much cool stuff on education, I decided to just share it all in a quick round up!
A report released from The Career Academy Support Network highlights the promising results of California Partnership Academies, which use the Linked Learning approach in which high schools combine academics, […]
I highly recommend the article, The Missing Link in School Reform, from the Stanford Social Innovation Review to educators and parents and also to leaders in any organization.
This simple graphic highlights the contrast between the predominant rhetoric about how to reform public schools and the reality the authors found as a […]
A tweet from the Unversity of Chicago Urban Education Institute last week pointed me to this Washington Post article, Study: Single-Sex Education May Do More Harm Than Good.
I have always been opposed to single-sex schools myself, even though I have friends who had wonderful experiences in single-sex schools growing up or in […]
This past June I had the pleasure once again of being part of the team at the Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education (SCOPE) that led the Linked Learning Summer Institute for a group of districts in California in the middle of implementing college and career pathways in their high schools.
- #MeToo doesn’t lack nuance. Its critics do - @latimes https://t.co/edBHXoFcvf about 9 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Aziz, We Tried to Warn You https://t.co/5hq3KQTbKD about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Once a Maroon always a Maroon! https://t.co/4RaBwspsMd about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I feel both honored...and old! https://t.co/frvtbfbiIt about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @bethbwoods @ChicagoMaroons @UChicagoWBB @UChicagoAlumni Thanks hon, just figured it out myself. My husband told me… https://t.co/nXRiL7Jis9 about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to bethbwoods ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check out my NEW book "This Is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling #Motherhood" on #BookBuzzr #moms… https://t.co/ZHlq0UCqwV about 2 days ago from BookBuzzr ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We are allowing ourselves to be distracted from the real issue - racism - if we allow everyone to debate whether he… https://t.co/zNSdgQKny8 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.