TEDxPasadenaWomen on May 30, 2015. One of 250 independently organized TEDx Women events happening across the globe in connection with the main TEDWomen event in Monterey CA the same week. 14 speakers, 3 special guests, 100 in the audience. What a […]
On February 24, I spent the day in Silicon Valley at the Watermark LeadOn Conference for Women (#LeadOnCA) along with 5000+ women listening to speakers like Hillary Clinton, Brené Brown and Diane Von Furstenburg. Gloria Feldt led a panel discussion on women and pay equity. Gloria is co-founder and president of […]
I’m a sucker for the stories behind the Olympic athletes, long years of hard work, overcoming heartbreaking setbacks, financial sacrifice, finally reaching the medal stand. Doesn’t take much to choke me up. So all of the videos and commercials in the Proctor & Gamble Olympic ad campaign, “Thank You Mom” pretty much reduce […]
What’s stunning about the reaction to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All” and the news that new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is pregnant is the size and scope of the reaction itself.
And I can explain that reaction with a screen shot.
Those two tweets.
Why do women themselves say that women “Can’t Have it All?” We say it because, as one mother told me, the phrase resonates as being “Shockingly, earthshakingly true.” We use you “Can’t Have it All” because it reflects a reality, our frustration with the impossible goal of trying to be both June Cleaver […]
I grew up in a small town in Minnesota in the 1970’s, the oldest of three girls. My father was an athlete in college, so I played ball from the time I could walk. Although Title IX passed in 1972 when I was four years old, it didn’t matter much to me at first […]
- The Maddeningly Simple Way Tech Companies Can Employ More Women https://t.co/SjMMsYhAKN about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- With @Tim_Walz running 4 Gov, contrib to eventual Dem candidate 4 Congress in MN-01 my hometown via @swinglefthttp://ht.ly/v2tM30eps0u about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Motherhood Isn’t Sacrifice, It’s Selfishness, via @nytimes https://t.co/XXglNxxyUD about 1 day ago from iOS ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Forget abt single-payer healthcare. This CA congressman has the real solution: Medicare for all @latimes https://t.co/dysdlwBBxn about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Grt piece by @davidulin ... What makes us Californians for life @latimes https://t.co/EDWrwsDTSP about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thanks Gina! https://t.co/wNJFTkLXPo about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Davidlaz: On people's right to sue, Trump's hypocrisy matches that of businesses https://t.co/v3jHKv37ms about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.