TEDxPasadenaWomen on May 30, 2015. One of 250 independently organized TEDx Women events happening across the globe in connection with the main TEDWomen event in Monterey CA the same week. 14 speakers, 3 special guests, 100 in the audience. What a […]
On February 24, I spent the day in Silicon Valley at the Watermark LeadOn Conference for Women (#LeadOnCA) along with 5000+ women listening to speakers like Hillary Clinton, Brené Brown and Diane Von Furstenburg. Gloria Feldt led a panel discussion on women and pay equity. Gloria is co-founder and president of […]
I’m a sucker for the stories behind the Olympic athletes, long years of hard work, overcoming heartbreaking setbacks, financial sacrifice, finally reaching the medal stand. Doesn’t take much to choke me up. So all of the videos and commercials in the Proctor & Gamble Olympic ad campaign, “Thank You Mom” pretty much reduce […]
What’s stunning about the reaction to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All” and the news that new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is pregnant is the size and scope of the reaction itself.
And I can explain that reaction with a screen shot.
Those two tweets.
Why do women themselves say that women “Can’t Have it All?” We say it because, as one mother told me, the phrase resonates as being “Shockingly, earthshakingly true.” We use you “Can’t Have it All” because it reflects a reality, our frustration with the impossible goal of trying to be both June Cleaver […]
I grew up in a small town in Minnesota in the 1970’s, the oldest of three girls. My father was an athlete in college, so I played ball from the time I could walk. Although Title IX passed in 1972 when I was four years old, it didn’t matter much to me at first […]
- What about the sexual harassment stories we're not hearing? @latimes https://t.co/10MEjHCjBF about 4 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check out my NEW book "This Is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling #Motherhood" on #BookBuzzr #moms… https://t.co/H9q1DVNbkH about 4 days ago from BookBuzzr ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How the ‘Resistance’ Helped Democrats Dominate Virginia via @NYTimes https://t.co/l1Z9NK52y3 about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- California Today: Tax Proposals Threaten Lower-Income Housing via @NYTimes https://t.co/EobyGgGDrL about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Roy Moore's alleged pursuit of a young girl is the symptom of a larger problem in evangelical circles @latimes https://t.co/RjAXoyvzSN about 6 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Yes please!! https://t.co/gxGglvpasb about 1 week ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Trump now aiming to reverse an Obama-era rule on restaurant tips @latimes @Davidlaz https://t.co/vj86CR40Uv about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.