This is a great article on that invisible piece of the economy, the work of caring for others.
Our hulking gross domestic product […]
Jobless Claims Rise to Record Levels, 20 Reasons to Promote Flexible Alternatives to Layoffs
This recent article published by Fast Company expert blogger, Cali Yost, has me wondering if school districts can use same strategy.
Today, the Department of Labor reported that first time jobless claims not only rose faster than expected […]
The impact of dropouts on local economy is huge. I’m feeling fortunate that my new job allows me to work on this by supporting schools in building pathways to college and career that are relevant and engaging to students.
Published by news release by the Alliance for Excellent Education:
I am entering the holiday season feeling particularly grateful this year. Since the October 6 release of my book, This is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling Motherhood to Get the Lives We Want Today, so many people have been so good to me that I get choked up just thinking […]
Read this Star Tribune article mentioning me and my new book, This Is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling Motherhood to Get the Lives We Want Today. Journalist Julie Pfitzinger writes:
When her daughter Kate was 5 years old, Kristin Maschka experienced an epiphany courtesy of a toaster […]
Last week, The Washington Post ran a front-page story that said most stay-at-home moms aren’t S.U.V.-driving, daily yoga-doing, latte-drinking white, upper-middle-class women who choose to […]
- RT @celindalake: Personal stories are powerful, and @rosadelauro sharing her own experience with caregiving in honor of #FAMILYAct proved j… about 3 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @RosabethKanter: If you want everyone on the same page, put the page in front of them conveniently & often. https://t.co/JxfJ2SyaZG about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Lesson in unintended consequences for CA. How an Abundance of Democratic Candidates Could Help the G.O.P. Hold the… https://t.co/paL6j83CS0 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “A 17-yr-old can consent to her infant’s hearing testing, vaccines ...But cannot consent to a long-acting, reversib… https://t.co/PY4WLgSeM8 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A Flurry of Courts Have Ruled on Election Maps. Here’s What They’ve Said. https://t.co/aB6w61te3V about 4 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One more reason women in office matter. Thank you @SenDuckworthDuckworth: ‘I can’t technically take maternity leave… https://t.co/s6xZOzvsl8 about 4 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TalkPoverty: The President's budget cuts SNAP and replaces part of it with food boxes. They don't include fresh fruit. They might not… about 4 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.