Women’s Momentum Has Stalled
Until the early 1960s, newspapers published separate job listings for men and women. Jobs were categorized according to sex, with the higher level jobs listed almost exclusively under “Help Wanted—Male.” In some cases the ads […]
Love this Patt Morrison interview with Gloria Steinem in today’s LA Times, Gloria Steinem: The Founder. Agree or disagree, she’s honest and doesn’t have rose-colored glasses on when it comes to the status of women in this country.
Favorite quote, “The big step for this coming generation is to get to a […]
By LA Telecommuting ExaminerKristen Todd
Whatever your reason for wanting a flexible schedule, whether it be family, continuing education or it’s just the way you are wired, convincing your employer that you can manage one is difficult. Furthermore, a rising unemployment rate and a dire outlook for the creation of new jobs makes your 9-5, […]
Feeling anxiety in our house & all around even with jobs. How about you? A New York Times Poll Reveals Trauma of Joblessness in U.S.:
By MICHAEL LUO and MEGAN THEE-BRENAN
By John Edwards of the Wall Street Journal’s The Juggle Blog:
With nearly a third of American households having a sole or primary female breadwinner, the issues those families face are far from a niche matter. But how do the women, in particular, feel about occupying what’s still seen as an […]
Astute observations given my work with school districts over the years. “Those who hold out hope that a few successful “turnaround” efforts, model schools, or charter schools can quickly spawn a legion of more effective schools…fail to recognize that improving many schools at once takes a vastly different set of skills.
Thomas Hatch of Education Week […]
- RT @PPActionCA: We just announced 5 more endorsements for statewide candidates in the 2018 Primary Election. Find out who: https://t.co/D08… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No question yes. A party is an organization trying to achieve results. Rule by committee is a recipe for chaos & lo… https://t.co/Lt9ZvCBbN4 about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @kdittmar: “This is also a moment to dispel the myth of who is a harasser,” she said. “It’s not limited to ‘monsters.’ It’s people we ot… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @emilynussbaum: "Sexual assault is one symptom of that imbalance, but it is not the only one." Another crucial, complex, searching analy… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @rtraister: Logged on, saw this, realized I'd been waiting for it on some level. Piece I published today is about how men's unequal shar… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Tim_Walz: One hundred plus people at Dan and Angie Bastian’s home tonight. Caucuses are in 58 days. We’ll make every one of ‘em count.… about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- from @nytopinion Why I Can No Longer Call Myself an Evangelical Republican https://t.co/6FFe6vAsXy about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.