Women’s Momentum Has Stalled
Until the early 1960s, newspapers published separate job listings for men and women. Jobs were categorized according to sex, with the higher level jobs listed almost exclusively under “Help Wanted—Male.” In some cases the ads […]
Love this Patt Morrison interview with Gloria Steinem in today’s LA Times, Gloria Steinem: The Founder. Agree or disagree, she’s honest and doesn’t have rose-colored glasses on when it comes to the status of women in this country.
Favorite quote, “The big step for this coming generation is to get to a […]
By LA Telecommuting ExaminerKristen Todd
Whatever your reason for wanting a flexible schedule, whether it be family, continuing education or it’s just the way you are wired, convincing your employer that you can manage one is difficult. Furthermore, a rising unemployment rate and a dire outlook for the creation of new jobs makes your 9-5, […]
Feeling anxiety in our house & all around even with jobs. How about you? A New York Times Poll Reveals Trauma of Joblessness in U.S.:
By MICHAEL LUO and MEGAN THEE-BRENAN
By John Edwards of the Wall Street Journal’s The Juggle Blog:
With nearly a third of American households having a sole or primary female breadwinner, the issues those families face are far from a niche matter. But how do the women, in particular, feel about occupying what’s still seen as an […]
Astute observations given my work with school districts over the years. “Those who hold out hope that a few successful “turnaround” efforts, model schools, or charter schools can quickly spawn a legion of more effective schools…fail to recognize that improving many schools at once takes a vastly different set of skills.
Thomas Hatch of Education Week […]
- RT @celindalake: Personal stories are powerful, and @rosadelauro sharing her own experience with caregiving in honor of #FAMILYAct proved j… about 3 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @RosabethKanter: If you want everyone on the same page, put the page in front of them conveniently & often. https://t.co/JxfJ2SyaZG about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Lesson in unintended consequences for CA. How an Abundance of Democratic Candidates Could Help the G.O.P. Hold the… https://t.co/paL6j83CS0 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “A 17-yr-old can consent to her infant’s hearing testing, vaccines ...But cannot consent to a long-acting, reversib… https://t.co/PY4WLgSeM8 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A Flurry of Courts Have Ruled on Election Maps. Here’s What They’ve Said. https://t.co/aB6w61te3V about 4 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One more reason women in office matter. Thank you @SenDuckworthDuckworth: ‘I can’t technically take maternity leave… https://t.co/s6xZOzvsl8 about 4 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TalkPoverty: The President's budget cuts SNAP and replaces part of it with food boxes. They don't include fresh fruit. They might not… about 4 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.