KRISTIN MASCHKA is the author of the LA Times Bestseller, This is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling Motherhood to Get the Lives We Want Today and a consultant with more than 20 years of experience in organization development and change leadership.
Through her firm, Maschka Enterprises, Kristin Maschka provides executive coaching to women and executive team coaching to large non-profits and public institutions. Never content with simply talking about change, Kristin specializes in creating the conditions necessary for leaders and teams to take action in the face of overwhelming change and complexity, a difficult challenge or a new opportunity.
Kristin is also an expert on the outdated cultural assumptions about women, motherhood and fatherhood that continue to negatively impact the lives of women and men, our workplaces and our public policies. Kristin spent four years as the Board President of Mothers & More, a national non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of mothers. In her best-selling book, This is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling Motherhood to Get the Lives We Want Today (Penguin Group, 2009), Kristin weaves together her own story, anecdotes from mothers all over the country, and a deep knowledge of history and society to offer mothers – and fathers – a comforting, often funny read that helps them see themselves and the world around them in a whole new way.
Kristin believes that in both her areas of expertise, the key to personal, organizational, and social change is taking actions that remodel our underlying assumptions about people and the world. She provides the stories, experiences, strategies and tools to lead change at home, at work and in our communities to create a better world.
Kristin holds two degrees from the University of Chicago where she is also in the Athletics Hall of Fame for Basketball and lives in Pasadena, CA with her husband and daughter.
- Read & RT! An attack on abortion rights & handout to the rich: Repub new plan 4 repealing Obamacare @hiltzikm https://t.co/YotIF4IQ9l about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ "We're taking action to harness grassroots energy, inc hiring staff in 20 GOP-held districts. LEARN MORE: " https://t.co/o6E9vMLmAP about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Uber sexual harassment allegations are a warning for the tech industry and its 'rock star' culture @latimes https://t.co/O6rtZVo4R5 about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @aterkel: It’s not just marches and protests — Local Democratic parties are seeing WAY more involvement https://t.co/9tfy2wDrvb w/ @ryan… about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just made a donation to New Leaders Council https://t.co/djaBSWtfcw about 1 day ago from NationBuilder ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Great opp in March from @InteractionAsc Women in Leadership Training | https://t.co/mb3XMuRcOu about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- In Response to Trump, a Dutch Minister Launches ‘She Decides’, via @nytimes https://t.co/frnSXbpiKV about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.