KRISTIN MASCHKA is an author, activist, speaker and consultant fascinated by change – change that will lead to women’s equality and change that helps both organizations and the people in them to thrive. She is the author of the LA Times Bestseller, This is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling Motherhood to Get the Lives We Want Today, a TEDx speaker, and a consultant with more than 20 years of experience in organization development and change leadership.
Her consulting firm, Maschka Enterprises, provides executive coaching for women and for executive teams in higher education, non-profit organizations and high-tech companies. Never content with simply talking about change, Kristin specializes in creating the conditions necessary for leaders and teams to take action in the face of overwhelming change and complexity, a difficult challenge or a new opportunity.
Kristin is also an expert on the outdated cultural assumptions about women, mothers and fathers that negatively impact the lives of women and men, our workplaces and our public policies. She spent four years as the Board President of Mothers & More, a national non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of mothers. In her best-selling book, This is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling Motherhood to Get the Lives We Want Today (Penguin Group, 2009), Kristin weaves together her own story, anecdotes from mothers all over the country, and a deep knowledge of history and society to offer mothers – and fathers – a comforting, often funny read that helps them see themselves and the world around them in a whole new way.
Kristin believes that in both her areas of expertise, the key to personal, organizational, and social change is taking actions that remodel our underlying assumptions about people and the world. Maschka provides the stories, experiences, strategies and tools to lead change at home, at work and in our communities to create a better world.
Kristin grew up in Minnesota and holds two degrees from the University of Chicago where she is also in the Athletics Hall of Fame for Basketball. Today she lives in Pasadena, CA with her husband and daughter.
- A must read https://t.co/m1IX0KjyMK about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MalMitch1079: Just registered for Women Political Tool Belt Training with @womenwinning! Are you coming? #mpls #womenleaders https://t.… about 14 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Trump's Candy Land School of Tax Reform - @LATimes https://t.co/Wafm6ia6yH about 17 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @kylegriffin1: Big agreement across party lines: Don’t cut federal funding to Planned Parenthood https://t.co/TTaLYuZdgp https://t.co/qP… about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Independence Days: My Perfect Imperfect Gap Year, via @nytimes https://t.co/Rlot6HxgzF about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/GCoiJxndJA about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @womenwinning Would like to RT, but link isn't working? about 1 day ago from Hootsuite in reply to womenwinning ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.