A TEDx talk may appear to be a solo thing. Not for me. So much and so many people went into speaking at TEDxPasadenaWomen. I am so grateful for the team that helped me pull this off.
- The practical and soulful support of the amazing John Bates of Executive Speaking Success and his colleague Nataly.
- 125+ hours of designing the talk, practicing, rehearsing with volunteers in the living room, meeting with my coaches.
- TEDxPasadenaWomen organizers Amber and Nadine.
- TEDxPasadenaWomen speaker coaches Michele Lando and David Samuels.
- A timely gift from my friend Kim of the book Resonate by Nancy Duarte.
- Facebook messages about Asian American stereotypes with my friend Scott.
- Sticky notes. LOTS of sticky notes.
- Makeup by Sara.
- Rides from Beth.
- Emergency calls to and from my HS BFF Tammy.
- Emergency texts to and from my local BFF Rosemary.
- Yoga and meditation.
- My writing group Kim and Bev.
- Feedback from my clients at Caltech.
- Volunteer audience members Julianne, Dave, Haley, Kristen, Julie, Dave, Marshall, Sally, Paul, Gail, De, Melissa, Chris, John, Rebecca.
- Encouraging emails from Gin, Catie, Brence, and Cathy.
- TEDx eve dinner of Domenico’s, rosé and Carmela ice cream.
- The support of my husband and daughter.
- @CondeNastCareer Cld you DM me salary range for this role? My DD emailed to ask for HS project but no reply Thnx! https://t.co/DoAcSVvmOI about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to CondeNastCareer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @FAFSA Thanks, I called and that's what the rep said over the phone too. about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to FAFSA ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @joancwilliams: Paid sick leave is crucial for a healthy life - physically, financially, and psychologically. https://t.co/MfNsZp1kMz… about 16 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @amyklobuchar: #GrahamCassidy would mean chaos in health insurance markets, deep Medicaid cuts & millions without coverage: https://t.co… about 18 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @FAFSA What if student's last name as is on SS card does not fit the last name field when trying to create an FSA ID? about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to FAFSA ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I'm supporting @KatieHill4CA Congress CA25 in #Pasadena Sat. You should come too! #morewomenincongress https://t.co/rl5wBRC4Es about 2 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PPact: The rush on the #CassidyGraham ACA repeal bill is designed to hide the bill’s flaws→https://t.co/IqCobHFxG2 #ProtectOurCare @Cen… about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.