A TEDx talk may appear to be a solo thing. Not for me. So much and so many people went into speaking at TEDxPasadenaWomen. I am so grateful for the team that helped me pull this off.
- The practical and soulful support of the amazing John Bates of Executive Speaking Success and his colleague Nataly.
- 125+ hours of designing the talk, practicing, rehearsing with volunteers in the living room, meeting with my coaches.
- TEDxPasadenaWomen organizers Amber and Nadine.
- TEDxPasadenaWomen speaker coaches Michele Lando and David Samuels.
- A timely gift from my friend Kim of the book Resonate by Nancy Duarte.
- Facebook messages about Asian American stereotypes with my friend Scott.
- Sticky notes. LOTS of sticky notes.
- Makeup by Sara.
- Rides from Beth.
- Emergency calls to and from my HS BFF Tammy.
- Emergency texts to and from my local BFF Rosemary.
- Yoga and meditation.
- My writing group Kim and Bev.
- Feedback from my clients at Caltech.
- Volunteer audience members Julianne, Dave, Haley, Kristen, Julie, Dave, Marshall, Sally, Paul, Gail, De, Melissa, Chris, John, Rebecca.
- Encouraging emails from Gin, Catie, Brence, and Cathy.
- TEDx eve dinner of Domenico’s, rosé and Carmela ice cream.
- The support of my husband and daughter.
- RT @kylegriffin1: Susan Collins: "It makes absolutely no sense to eliminate federal funding for Planned Parenthood." https://t.co/0QkZvJnUo6 about 14 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How Medicaid Works, and Who It Covers, via @nytimes https://t.co/Mmqcl7yPU9 about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #Minnesota summer sunset #nofilterneeded https://t.co/1CP1f8bOI9 about 2 days ago from Instagram ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Carolyn Hax: He’s sweet, but clueless about the division of labor https://t.co/IH6AhJpUYa about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PPact: Slashing Medicaid & blocking millions from care at Planned Parenthood is anything but #BetterCare. Call now to fight back! #I… about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No one is getting that crap bill past @PPAdvocates CEO @SheriKBonner #PinkOut https://t.co/z2WEoFo8c1 about 4 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Board Chair @PPAdvocates and @oldgraves Board Chair @PPPSGV #PinkOut #WonderTwinPowers https://t.co/1BxG0Wqbi9 about 4 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.