A TEDx talk may appear to be a solo thing. Not for me. So much and so many people went into speaking at TEDxPasadenaWomen. I am so grateful for the team that helped me pull this off.
- The practical and soulful support of the amazing John Bates of Executive Speaking Success and his colleague Nataly.
- 125+ hours of designing the talk, practicing, rehearsing with volunteers in the living room, meeting with my coaches.
- TEDxPasadenaWomen organizers Amber and Nadine.
- TEDxPasadenaWomen speaker coaches Michele Lando and David Samuels.
- A timely gift from my friend Kim of the book Resonate by Nancy Duarte.
- Facebook messages about Asian American stereotypes with my friend Scott.
- Sticky notes. LOTS of sticky notes.
- Makeup by Sara.
- Rides from Beth.
- Emergency calls to and from my HS BFF Tammy.
- Emergency texts to and from my local BFF Rosemary.
- Yoga and meditation.
- My writing group Kim and Bev.
- Feedback from my clients at Caltech.
- Volunteer audience members Julianne, Dave, Haley, Kristen, Julie, Dave, Marshall, Sally, Paul, Gail, De, Melissa, Chris, John, Rebecca.
- Encouraging emails from Gin, Catie, Brence, and Cathy.
- TEDx eve dinner of Domenico’s, rosé and Carmela ice cream.
- The support of my husband and daughter.
- #MeToo doesn’t lack nuance. Its critics do - @latimes https://t.co/edBHXoFcvf about 9 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Aziz, We Tried to Warn You https://t.co/5hq3KQTbKD about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Once a Maroon always a Maroon! https://t.co/4RaBwspsMd about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I feel both honored...and old! https://t.co/frvtbfbiIt about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @bethbwoods @ChicagoMaroons @UChicagoWBB @UChicagoAlumni Thanks hon, just figured it out myself. My husband told me… https://t.co/nXRiL7Jis9 about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to bethbwoods ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check out my NEW book "This Is Not How I Thought It Would Be: Remodeling #Motherhood" on #BookBuzzr #moms… https://t.co/ZHlq0UCqwV about 2 days ago from BookBuzzr ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We are allowing ourselves to be distracted from the real issue - racism - if we allow everyone to debate whether he… https://t.co/zNSdgQKny8 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.