When I learned I had been accepted to speak at TEDxPasadenaWomen on Saturday May 30,th my first wave of emotion was pure excitement.
TEDxPasadenaWomen is an independently organized satellite event of TEDWomen event taking place in Monterey, CA on May 27, 28 and 29.
The next, much larger tsunami was panic and anxiety.
My preferred solution to any large, anxiety-producing task is to gather a team. So I am casting far and wide for teammates as I prepare for this talk. Starting lineup includes:
- My husband, my business coaching group, and my speaking coach, John Bates of Executive Speaking Success, who kicked my butt until I submitted the application.
- Lunch with Rosemary, breakfast with Nancy, a book from Kim, offers to provide feedback from my clients.
- My best friend Tammy calling magically (as usual) at a moment of serious creative block.
- Tweets and emails with all the other amazing speakers on May 30.
- My daughter energetically talking with me about my idea. She is going as my guest that day!
I’ll be talking about how getting everyone on the same team and attacking the unconscious bias we all have NOT each other is the only way to accelerate progress for women, and accelerate progress for all of us.
If you’d like to join my TEDx team, send me an encouraging word. Forward me your favorite TED talk, relevant articles and your stories. Apply to attend TEDxPasadenaWomen. TODAY IS THE LAST DAY!). Offer to come to a practice session. Volunteer to host a practice session for me.
We can do so much together!
- RT @celindalake: Personal stories are powerful, and @rosadelauro sharing her own experience with caregiving in honor of #FAMILYAct proved j… about 3 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @RosabethKanter: If you want everyone on the same page, put the page in front of them conveniently & often. https://t.co/JxfJ2SyaZG about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Lesson in unintended consequences for CA. How an Abundance of Democratic Candidates Could Help the G.O.P. Hold the… https://t.co/paL6j83CS0 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “A 17-yr-old can consent to her infant’s hearing testing, vaccines ...But cannot consent to a long-acting, reversib… https://t.co/PY4WLgSeM8 about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A Flurry of Courts Have Ruled on Election Maps. Here’s What They’ve Said. https://t.co/aB6w61te3V about 4 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One more reason women in office matter. Thank you @SenDuckworthDuckworth: ‘I can’t technically take maternity leave… https://t.co/s6xZOzvsl8 about 4 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TalkPoverty: The President's budget cuts SNAP and replaces part of it with food boxes. They don't include fresh fruit. They might not… about 4 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.