Motherhood is still financially riskier than fatherhood. Elizabeth Warren and Amelia Warren Tyagi conclude from their research in The Two-Income Trap that “[h]aving a child is now the single best predictor that a woman will end up in financial collapse.” In The Price of Motherhood, Ann Crittenden concludes, “motherhood is the single biggest risk factor for poverty in old age.”
As mothers we have our own financial issues, and our very own set of mistakes we often make. Kristin Maschka goes beyond coupon-clipping and budgeting to get at the big mistakes and outdated mindsets that impact our lifetime financial health and well-being.
Normally a paid Mothers & More member benefit, this webinar and one other (Networking: Building Connection through Conversation with Michelle Tillis Lederman) are being offered FREE to all mothers as part of the Mother’s Day Power of a Purse campaign. The goal of the Mothers & More campaign is to educate about the social and economic factors that put mothers at greater risk of poverty. The campaign raises awareness of mothers’ economic issues through the act of collecting new or gently used purses for mothers in need and offering programming for mothers around finances.
It’s never too soon or too late for mothers to understand the financial risks specific to motherhood and to take charge of their own financial well-being. The timing for this webinar couldn’t be better because in addition to the Power of a Purse campaign…
- April 17 is BOTH Tax Day and Equal Pay Day this year. In this webinar we’ll touch on the impact of the wage gap on mothers in particular and a little known effect of tax policy on our employment decisions.
- April is National Financial Literacy Month. This webinar is a perfect step to take to increase your own financial literacy.
- May 13 is Mother’s Day. Your own financial health is one of the best gifts you can give yourself!
The timing is right for YOU to join me on Wednesday April 18 at 10:30 Pacific/1:30 Eastern!
~ Kristin Maschka
- RT @kylegriffin1: Susan Collins: "It makes absolutely no sense to eliminate federal funding for Planned Parenthood." https://t.co/0QkZvJnUo6 about 14 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How Medicaid Works, and Who It Covers, via @nytimes https://t.co/Mmqcl7yPU9 about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #Minnesota summer sunset #nofilterneeded https://t.co/1CP1f8bOI9 about 2 days ago from Instagram ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Carolyn Hax: He’s sweet, but clueless about the division of labor https://t.co/IH6AhJpUYa about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PPact: Slashing Medicaid & blocking millions from care at Planned Parenthood is anything but #BetterCare. Call now to fight back! #I… about 3 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No one is getting that crap bill past @PPAdvocates CEO @SheriKBonner #PinkOut https://t.co/z2WEoFo8c1 about 4 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Board Chair @PPAdvocates and @oldgraves Board Chair @PPPSGV #PinkOut #WonderTwinPowers https://t.co/1BxG0Wqbi9 about 4 days ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.