Motherhood is still financially riskier than fatherhood. Elizabeth Warren and Amelia Warren Tyagi conclude from their research in The Two-Income Trap that “[h]aving a child is now the single best predictor that a woman will end up in financial collapse.” In The Price of Motherhood, Ann Crittenden concludes, “motherhood is the single biggest risk factor for poverty in old age.”
As mothers we have our own financial issues, and our very own set of mistakes we often make. Kristin Maschka goes beyond coupon-clipping and budgeting to get at the big mistakes and outdated mindsets that impact our lifetime financial health and well-being.
Normally a paid Mothers & More member benefit, this webinar and one other (Networking: Building Connection through Conversation with Michelle Tillis Lederman) are being offered FREE to all mothers as part of the Mother’s Day Power of a Purse campaign. The goal of the Mothers & More campaign is to educate about the social and economic factors that put mothers at greater risk of poverty. The campaign raises awareness of mothers’ economic issues through the act of collecting new or gently used purses for mothers in need and offering programming for mothers around finances.
It’s never too soon or too late for mothers to understand the financial risks specific to motherhood and to take charge of their own financial well-being. The timing for this webinar couldn’t be better because in addition to the Power of a Purse campaign…
- April 17 is BOTH Tax Day and Equal Pay Day this year. In this webinar we’ll touch on the impact of the wage gap on mothers in particular and a little known effect of tax policy on our employment decisions.
- April is National Financial Literacy Month. This webinar is a perfect step to take to increase your own financial literacy.
- May 13 is Mother’s Day. Your own financial health is one of the best gifts you can give yourself!
The timing is right for YOU to join me on Wednesday April 18 at 10:30 Pacific/1:30 Eastern!
~ Kristin Maschka
- The Maddeningly Simple Way Tech Companies Can Employ More Women https://t.co/SjMMsYhAKN about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- With @Tim_Walz running 4 Gov, contrib to eventual Dem candidate 4 Congress in MN-01 my hometown via @swinglefthttp://ht.ly/v2tM30eps0u about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Motherhood Isn’t Sacrifice, It’s Selfishness, via @nytimes https://t.co/XXglNxxyUD about 1 day ago from iOS ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Forget abt single-payer healthcare. This CA congressman has the real solution: Medicare for all @latimes https://t.co/dysdlwBBxn about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Grt piece by @davidulin ... What makes us Californians for life @latimes https://t.co/EDWrwsDTSP about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thanks Gina! https://t.co/wNJFTkLXPo about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Davidlaz: On people's right to sue, Trump's hypocrisy matches that of businesses https://t.co/v3jHKv37ms about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.