Motherhood is still financially riskier than fatherhood. Elizabeth Warren and Amelia Warren Tyagi conclude from their research in The Two-Income Trap that “[h]aving a child is now the single best predictor that a woman will end up in financial collapse.” In The Price of Motherhood, Ann Crittenden concludes, “motherhood is the single biggest risk factor for poverty in old age.”
As mothers we have our own financial issues, and our very own set of mistakes we often make. Kristin Maschka goes beyond coupon-clipping and budgeting to get at the big mistakes and outdated mindsets that impact our lifetime financial health and well-being.
Normally a paid Mothers & More member benefit, this webinar and one other (Networking: Building Connection through Conversation with Michelle Tillis Lederman) are being offered FREE to all mothers as part of the Mother’s Day Power of a Purse campaign. The goal of the Mothers & More campaign is to educate about the social and economic factors that put mothers at greater risk of poverty. The campaign raises awareness of mothers’ economic issues through the act of collecting new or gently used purses for mothers in need and offering programming for mothers around finances.
It’s never too soon or too late for mothers to understand the financial risks specific to motherhood and to take charge of their own financial well-being. The timing for this webinar couldn’t be better because in addition to the Power of a Purse campaign…
- April 17 is BOTH Tax Day and Equal Pay Day this year. In this webinar we’ll touch on the impact of the wage gap on mothers in particular and a little known effect of tax policy on our employment decisions.
- April is National Financial Literacy Month. This webinar is a perfect step to take to increase your own financial literacy.
- May 13 is Mother’s Day. Your own financial health is one of the best gifts you can give yourself!
The timing is right for YOU to join me on Wednesday April 18 at 10:30 Pacific/1:30 Eastern!
~ Kristin Maschka
- still a ways to go to respect caregiving as valuable apart from gender roles https://t.co/4xpEH3O8jG about 7 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Women across globe will suffer and die "Trump Thinks This Is Pro-Life?" @nytimes https://t.co/qIvXwwINgo about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- News flash to @nytimes @rweingarten @SenSanders @TomPerez Reproductive rights are not "identity politics" https://t.co/D9jTpKEHRQ about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PPact: We #MarchForScience because lawmakers must protect access to evidence-based sex health programs. https://t.co/M7oUf8jjTH about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CecileRichards: .@TomPerez Access to #reprohealth has been an enormous driver of women's economic empowerment. We must fight for it. about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Bernie, There Will Be No Revolution Without Reproductive Rights @Rewire_News https://t.co/uZSziMQdpR about 1 day ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We won't stop fighting for patients & health centers. Add your name to fight with us! https://t.co/4oeJ87Pwod #StandwithPP #CA about 2 days ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.