By LA Telecommuting ExaminerKristen Todd
Whatever your reason for wanting a flexible schedule, whether it be family, continuing education or it’s just the way you are wired, convincing your employer that you can manage one is difficult. Furthermore, a rising unemployment rate and a dire outlook for the creation of new jobs makes your 9-5, punch-in-and-out, cubicle jockey job seems just fine. But it is not! Flexible schedules can work for many employees and can even produce a more efficient workplace for an employer.
How can that be? Flexibility allows for employees to work at their optimal times throughout the day and is an incentive that costs employers nothing. When raises and bonuses are meager or non-existent, flexible schedules can reward employees and in many cases produce better output.
The issue with a flexible work schedule is convincing your manager that you should be considered for one. Before requesting a flexible schedule, you should honestly answer the following:
- Are you the face of the office or do you manage a reception or intake area?
- Have you worked for your current supervisor for less than a year?
- In previous performance evaluations, has it been suggested that you work on time management skills, meeting deadlines or productivity?
- RT @TomPerez: Democrats are energized and mobilized – so we’re hiring organizers to #FlipThe6th for @ossoff: https://t.co/kU7W4UXsgI about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TomPerez: Grateful to be celebrating Kathy Kneer's great work for @PPActionCA tonight with @kdeleon, Amy Everitt, & lots of pro-choice… about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SSWorks: Disappointing to see @politico parrot WH talking points. SSDI IS Social Security & cuts to it clearly break Trump's promise. h… about 1 day ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @kdeleon: #CADEM17 weekend is closing, but we begin a new chapter. Congrats to our incoming @CA_Dem leadership. Now let's move forward,… about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @crcpr21: If you're a #Democrat or a #Berniecrat this is a must read from a first had account at #CADem17 https://t.co/g1EPcL446v about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @sfpelosi It was defn what the room needed! about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply to sfpelosi ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DavidOAtkins: The battle for CA Dem Chair is being presented as a loss for Berniecrats. It's much more complicated than that: https://t… about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Remodeling Motherhood offers fresh perspective on mothers, fathers, money, marriage and work paired with tools to remodel and improve the lives of parents and families.